State of the art Facilities
The Wembley High Technology College Primary School will be four form entry and will grow year on year until 2022. The school will consist of three independent areas with reception, years 1 and 2 in one area; years 3 and 4 in another; and years 5 and 6 located in the third area of the site. The new building recognises the varying needs of the different age groups whilst at the same time creating a progressive transition between each key stage.
Our new Primary School site has already been awarded an excellent BREEAM rating. It will be energy efficiency, highly sustainable and therefore will have a positive impact on the local environment. The Primary School has been designed by Curl la Tourelle Architects who have a focus on living and learning. They have re-designed 12 other primary schools and have also built an entirely new primary school thus making them experts in the field of designing and building spaces to maximise learning.
The Primary School will be extremely well equipped and resourced and offers the following facilities:
• Light, bright teaching rooms, with LCD projectors and SMART boards;
• Specialist state-of-the-art science laboratories - This is unique to this primary school and this will equip the pupils with knowledge and laboratory skills from an early age. Science and Technology will feature prominently in the Primary School;
• Networked IT suites;
• A library and creative media centre;
• A multi-purpose performance Hall;
• A MUGA (Multi Use Games Area) Astroturf;
• A Formal Main Hall;
• Well-equipped classrooms;
• Additional intervention rooms;
• Outdoor play areas with cushioned floor and canopy areas;
• Designated Reception outdoor area with cushioned floor and climbing frames;
• Dedicated space for music, drama and language teaching and;
• WiFi enabled buildings for student and teacher access.