Wembley High is celebrating yet another year of excellent results for both GCSE and A Level. Pupils have worked extremely hard this year and we are very proud of their achievements. Here are just some of the highlights.
This year saw the introduction of the more rigorous and challenging GCSE (9 – 1) qualifications in English Language, English Literature and mathematics, with grade 9 being the highest. With all these changes, pupils at Wembley High continue to perform exceptionally well.
- Progress 8 Score = +1.66 (2ND HIGHEST IN THE COUNTRY!!) The full tables can be found by clicking here.
- Attainment 8 = 64.2
- 90% of pupils achieved grades 9 – 4 in English and maths
- 76% of pupils achieved grades 9 – 5 in English and maths.
- 95% of pupils achieved grades 9 – 4 in English, with 55% achieving grades 9 – 7. 29 pupils achieved the coveted grade 9, the equivalent to a high A*.
- 92% of pupils achieved grades 9 – 4 in maths, with 62% achieving grades 9 – 7. An astonishing 42 pupils achieved the coveted grade 9, the equivalent to a high A*.
- 72% of pupils achieved the English Bacalaureate, compared to a national average of 23% in 2016. 89% of our pupils were entered for all components of the EBacc.
- 47% of the grades achieved in the new GCSEs (9 – 1) in English Language, English Literature and maths were grades 9 – 7.
- 54% of all GCSE exams sat were awarded A*-A grades
- 95% and 92% passed Core Science and Additional Science respectively with 48% A* - A grades.
- 114 pupils (55%) of pupils achieved 5 or more A* - A or 9 – 7 grades!
- 53 pupils (25%) of pupils achieved 10 or more A* - A or 9 – 7 grades!
- Particular congratulations to the 19 pupils who achieved 12 or more A* - A or 9 – 7 grades!
- The percentage of pupils staying in education or employment after KS4 = 100%
A Level Results
- The %A* - B has risen to 63% this year, up from 58% last year.
- The overall pass rate stands at 99.5%
- 20 students achieved at least 3 A grades, and particular congratulations to Parth Patel (4 A*s), Harsh Patel, Mantra Kusumgar and Parth Vaghani (3A*) each!
- 2 students have secured places at Oxford (Economics and Management) and Cambridge (Maths)
- 50% of pupils will be taking up places at the prestigious Russell Group Universities in 2017.
- Progress of pupils is as follows:
- A Level = +0.73
- Academic = +0.72
- Applied General = +1.12
- 51% of all exams sat received A – B grades, up from 49% last year.
- The overall pass rate remains high at 95%
- 24 pupils achieved at least 3 A grades, and particular congratulations to the 12 pupils that achieved 4 A grades!
Many congratulations to all pupils on another year of fantastic results, and thank you to all staff and parents for all their hard work and support.