Pupils at Wembley High are celebrating yet another year of excellent results for both GCSE and A Level. Pupils have worked extremely hard this year and we are very proud of their achievements. Here are just some of the highlights.
GCSE Results 2018
This year saw the introduction of the more rigorous and challenging GCSE (9 – 1) qualifications in most subjects (following English and maths last year), with grade 9 being the highest. With all these changes, pupils at Wembley High continue to perform exceptionally well.
- Progress 8 Score = +1.89 (2ND HIGHEST IN THE COUNTRY!!)
- Progress 8 score for pupils with a low prior attainment = +2.25
- Progress 8 score for pupils with a middle prior attainment = +2.08
- Progress 8 score for pupils with a high prior attainment = +1.61
- Progress 8 score for disadvantaged pupils = +1.60
- Attainment 8 = 66.85
- 90% of pupils achieved grades 9 – 4 in English and maths.
- 82% of pupils achieved grades 9 – 5 in English and maths.
- 80% of pupils achieved the English Baccalaureate.
- 97% of pupils achieved grades 9 – 4 in English, with 46% achieving grades 9 – 7. 26 pupils achieved the coveted grade 9, the equivalent to a high A*.
- 91% of pupils achieved grades 9 – 4 in maths, with 62% achieving grades 9 – 7. An astonishing 39 pupils achieved the coveted grade 9, the equivalent to a high A*.
- 96% of all science exams were awarded grades 9 – 4 and 64% were awarded grades 9 – 7. A total of 84 grade 9s were awarded across the sciences.
- 103 pupils (50%) achieved 5 or more A* - A or 9 – 7 grades!
- 60 pupils (29%) achieved 8 or more A* - A or 9 – 7 grades!
- Almost 1000 exams were awarded 9 – 7 or A* - A grades!
- Particular congratulations to Ashna Patel and Yashvi Patel on achieving 10 grade 9s!
- Destinations = 93% (% of pupils continued education, employment or training at the end of KS4).
A Level Results 2018
- The A Level pass rate stands at 99%.
- 60% of all A Level exams sat were awarded A* - B grades and 85% were awarded A* - C grades.
- 34 pupils achieved at least 2 A*/A grades, 20 pupils achieved 3 A*/A grades and particular congratulations to Hinal Kumar on securing 3A* grades!
- 57% of pupils leaving WHTC have secured places at the prestigious Russell Group Universities with 7 pupils going on to study medicine / dentistry.
AS Results 2018
- 57% of all exams sat were awarded A – B grades, up from 51% last year.
- The overall pass rate has also increased to 98%.
- 35 pupils achieved at least 3 A grades and particular congratulations to the 14 pupils who achieved 4 A grades!
We are very proud of the achievements of all pupils and we wish those leaving us the very best as they go on to pursue further studies. Well done!