Due to the coronavirus pandemic, A Level and AS Level exams were cancelled this year. Instead, grades for exams were awarded by teachers following a rigorous process of assessments that took place in school. These were then moderated internally by the school before a sample was sent for external moderation to our exam boards.
Despite all the uncertainties, pupils at Wembley High continue to do exceptionally well and today will be celebrating our best ever results. Although traditional summer exams did not take place, these results are the culmination of years of hard work over many years and are thoroughly well deserved. Below are some of the highlights.
- 54% of exams were awarded A* / A grades, including a record 124 A*s.
- 78% of exams were awarded A* - B grades.
- The overall pass rate remains at 100%.
- 54 pupils achieved at least 3 A grades, 16 pupils achieved at least 3 A* grades and particular congratulations to the 6 pupils who achieved 4A* grades.
- Over 55% of pupils have secured places at Russell Group universities, 5 will be going to study at Oxford or Cambridge and 5 have secured places to study medicine/dentistry. We wish them all the very best as they embark on the next stage of their education.
- 68% of exams were awarded A - B grades.
- 84% of exams were awarded A* - C grades.
- The overall pass rate has is 97%.
- 55 pupils achieved at least 3 A grades and particular congratulations to the 32 pupils who achieved 4 A grades.
Many congratulations to all pupils on another year of fantastic results, and thank you to all staff and parents for all their hard work and support through these incredibly challenging times.