1st June 2020
Core (Years 7-11) and CTECH PE (Years 9-11)
The resources below are designed to support your child in their learning of the Core PE and CTECH PE content. The students will be required to check their emails from their specific teachers to ensure they stay on top of their assigned learning. Emails from their teachers will contain more detailed instructions and resources that the students will need.
Core PE Tasks
During the on-going lockdown, exercise is a great way to stay physically and mentally well. We have put together a list of activities that can be undertaken in confined spaces. This week students studying Core PE should focus on general fitness and cardio.
Video 1- Cardio workout
Video 2- HIIT workout
Video 3- Cardio and ab workout
Video 4- Beginners Yoga
Video 5 – Cardio and HIIT workout
Select Gold, Silver or Bronze level workout to complete. You do not have to complete all the repetitions at once. You could complete 20 star jumps then complete one wall sit as long as you complete all the reps at the level you have chosen. If you cannot complete an activity please adapt this so you are still using a similar muscle group.
Tuck Jumps (50 reps)
Wall sit (30 seconds X3)
Body weight squats (50 reps)
Press Ups (20 reps)
Crunches (25 reps)
Mountain climbers (20 Reps)
Plank (30 seconds X3)
Sprints on the spot (shuttles if space available) (30 seconds X3)
Tuck Jumps (80 reps)
Wall sit (45 seconds X3)
Body weight squats (80 reps)
Press Ups (40 reps)
Crunches (50 reps)
Mountain climbers (40 Reps)
Plank (45 seconds X3)
Sprints on the spot (shuttles if space available) (45 seconds X3)
Tuck Jumps (100 reps)
Wall sit (60 seconds X3)
Body weight squats (100 reps)
Press Ups ( 60 reps)
Crunches (80 reps)
Mountain climbers (60 Reps)
Plank (60 seconds X3)
Sprints on the spot (shuttles if space available) (60 seconds X3)
CTECH PE 9PEXA
9PEXA should complete the worksheet incorporating all the sports covered over the last half term. Students familiarised themselves with a range of sports last half term and will now test their knowledge of all sporting areas. The focus this week should be on completing the following 3 tasks:
- Recap using their notes and memory in order to answer a range of different questions around a range of different sports.
- Understand a variety of different rules and be able to identify which sport is being discussed based on the rules.
- Understand that rules in similar sports may vary (Basketball and Netball) and be able to recount fouls and ways of being given out in other sports.
An email will be sent out on Monday 1st June 2020 with the relevent worksheets and support materials.
Deadline for submitting this will be Friday 5th June 2020
Submit work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CTECH PE 10PEXA
This week 10PEXA should use the Standing Stork Test PowerPoint to complete section 7 of their checklist (Balance – Standing Stork test). In order to complete this task you will need to:
- Explain what the test is – including details of how it is performed
- Explain what type of athlete would use this test and why
- Insert normative data table (graph to show national average)
- Write your clients score and what category they fall into
- Write a sentence on the reliability of the test
Deadline for submitting this section will be Monday 8th June 2020.
Submit to: MDanagher@whtc.co.uk