North West London Train to Teach (ITT)
ITT provider code: 4W6
From September 2024, NWLTSH will offer high-quality fully immersive school-centred initial teacher training programmes for both Primary and Secondary phases across Brent, Barnet and Enfield. Recruitment for these programmes begins from autumn 2023. We offer two pathways: -
- Postgraduate non-salaried (fee funded). Our delivery partners are Teach First or Ambition Insitute. On this route, applicants must pay course fees and will not earn a salary whilst training to teach. Applicants can apply for a student loan, regardless of if they have had one for other postgraduate training. Applicants may be eligible for a scholarship or bursary to train to teach certain secondary subjects. With Teach First, we offer the following phases/subjects: Primary: 3-7 or 5-11. Secondary: Maths, English, Science. With Ambition Insitute, we offer Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Postgraduate salaried (employment based). Our delivery partner is Ambition Institute. On this route, applicants will be employed by a school across our Hub. Their QTS course fees will be paid by the employing school, although the applicant may be required to pay for their PGCE fees, if they opt to do this. Salaried courses are more suited for applicants already working as unqualified teachers or teaching assistants. We offer the following phases/subjects: Primary: 5-11. Secondary: Maths, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
To view each available course, click on DfE Find postgraduate teacher training courses - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk), our ITT provider code is 4W6 (North West London Train to Teach).
Assessment only route to QTS
If you already have at least 2 years' experience as an unqualified teacher, you might not have to do any further training. Instead, you could be eligible for the assessment only route to QTS which can take up to 12 weeks.
Across our Hub, our partners offer a wide range of opportunities are available for you to train.
Please click on the Lead Schools below to view subjects and programmes offered:
- East Lane Primary School
- North Brent School
- Ivy Learning Trust
- Ashmole Academy
- Brent Initial Teacher Training
- Southgate Learning Alliance
- Enfield Learning Trust
- Pan Enfield Alliance
- The Compton SCITT Partnership
- Wren Academy
- Oakthorpe School Enfield.
For information on PgTA Postgraduate Teaching Apprenticeship, please see here.
Applicants may be eligible for a bursary if they have a 1st, 2.1 or 2.2, or if they hold Master’s or PhD click here for further information.