We aim to raise aspirations, challenge stereotypes and encourage all pupils to consider a wide range of careers. Through careers education and guidance, we aim to ensure all pupils make the most of their talents and to go on to further and higher education and that pupils are prepared for the next stages of their education, employment, self-employment or training. Central to this aim and Wembley High’s core values is the focus on academic achievement; we firmly believe that all pupils will be able to access a wider range of careers options with a strong academic grounding, particularly in the core Ebacc subjects.
Our aims, therefore are:
- To ensure outcomes for all pupils are exceptionally high.
- To provide high quality, impartial careers guidance that helps pupils to make informed choices about which courses suit their academic needs and aspirations.
- To ensure pupils are prepared for the next stage of their education, employment, self-employment or training.
- To allow pupils to understand how their education equips them with the behaviours and attitudes necessary for success in their next stage of education, training or employment and for their adult life.
In particular we intend our pupils to:
- Develop a broad understanding of the world of work and an ability to respond to changing opportunities.
- Develop independent research skills so that they can make good use of information and guidance.
- Develop and use their self-knowledge when thinking about and making choices.
- Develop the skills they need to review achievements, plan future actions, make decisions, present themselves well and cope with change and transition.
Our Careers Leader is Ms Connor (Assistant Headteacher). If you would like further information about our careers programme, please contact the school by clicking here.