Appropriate Body Service (ABS)
Welcome to the North West London Teaching School Hub’s Appropriate Body Service.
As a well-established and experienced Appropriate Body, we offer a platinum service for Early Career Teachers. We work with schools across our region (Brent, Barnet and Enfield) and beyond to provide specialist support and guidance. We have a proven track record for delivering an efficient service for all schools, Heads, Induction Tutors and ECTs.
Our dedicated team of professionals are committed to providing high quality, timely support and advise ensuring ECTs receive the highest standards for teacher induction.
As part of this service we:
- Provide high quality training and support for Induction Tutors and Head teachers.
- Host a “Welcome and Induction Briefing" event for ECTs Autumn/Spring/Summer.
- Provide access to an online system (ECT Manager) that allows Headteachers, Induction Tutors and ECTs to track and record ECTs’ progress and complete statutory assessments.
- Make decisions on the outcomes of statutory induction for ECTs and submit reportsto the Teacher Regulation Agency.
- Give expert advice and guidance where ECTs are a cause for concern or at risk of failure and provide additional bespoke support.
- Provide all ECTs and Induction Tutors with an Induction Handbook with key information to support the induction process , please click here.
- Provide access to up-to-date guidance documents and induction support material.
- Monitor all termly Progress Reviews and End of Year formal assessments.
- Provide quality assurance of assessment forms, against the Teachers’ Standards
- Offer phone/email support for Headteachers and Induction Tutors from experienced and knowledgeable Induction Leads.
- Provide expert advice and knowledge regarding a school’s statutory obligations fo ECTs, including formal complaints or challenges.
- Provide a dedicated point of contact within the Teaching School Hub for all Appropriate Body induction and ECT queries - email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the NWLTSH Appropriate Body Service, click here.
DfE Fully Funded Provider-Led Programme
A one-off payment of £500 for an ECT completing a 2-year Funded Provider-Led Programme.
Schools can choose to work with providers accredited by the Department for Education (the North West London teaching School Hub uses Ambition Institute) who will design and deliver a programme of face-to-face and online training to ECTs and their mentors. These programmes are funded by the Department for Education.
DfE accredited materials
For schools wishing to use the DfE accredited materials (Core) from any of the DfE accredited providers, we charge £1,000 per ECT. This is due to the statutory requirements of Fidelity checks throughout the length of induction for each ECT.
This service will provide schools with:
- A pre-induction fidelity check by the AB a term before the induction period starts to ensure the materials and sessions are in line with the statutory guidance for induction and meet the ECF induction programme standards.
- Three further fidelity checks during the two-year induction programme to quality assure the ECF core induction programme.
- QA visits, which include observations of facilitated sessions, review of delivery material, interviews with Induction Leads, Mentors and ECTs.
How to register
We welcome the opportunity to work with your school and ECTs. If you wish to engage the NWLTSH to act as the AB for your school and ECTs, please click on this link to register.
For general Appropriate Body Administrative enquires or system and registration support please contact Bhavini Karia email: BKaria@whtc.co.uk Telephone: 07765 844256
For more specific induction related enquires please contact Trudi Mooteealoo (Head of the Appropriate Body service) email: TMooteealoo@whtc.co.uk Telephone: 07398 218590
2023 - 2024 Upcoming dates
ECT Welcome and Induction Briefing Event for ECTs starting their 2-year Induction via Zoom:
The aim of this event is to provide ECTs with a range of information about what to expect and the statutory requirements of their induction period.
|ECTS starting their induction Spring Term 2024|
|Thursday, 11th January 2024||2.00pm – 4.00pm|
|ECTS starting their induction Summer Term 2024|
|Tuesday, 23rd April 2024||2.00pm – 4.00pm|
Induction Tutor Training session via Zoom for all schools registered with the NWLTSH Appropriate Body Service:
This session is for new Induction Tutors or for existing Tutors/Leads wishing to have a refresh, it covers the roles and responsibilities of the Induction Tutor and information related to the whole induction period, including the statutory requirements.
|Wednesday, 10th January 2024||3.45pm – 5.15pm|
|Wednesday, 24th April 2024||3.45pm – 5.15pm|