We are delighted to share in the success of our pupils in yet another year of expcetional results at GCSE, AS Level and A Level.
Like last year, formal exams were not able to go ahead. Instead, the school was required to give each pupil a Teacher Assessed Grade (TAG) for each subject using a basket of evidence. We were extremely rigorous in applying the strict criteria given by the JCQ and Ofqual and extensive internal quality assurance was carried out before being reviewed again by the exam boards who accepted all our TAGs. Therefore, we can be confident that the grades awarded represent an accurate assessment of each pupil’s performance and were thoroughly well deserved. Below are some of the highlights.
- 54% of exams were awarded A* / A grades, including a record 124 A*s.
- 78% of exams were awarded A* - B grades.
- The overall pass rate remains at 100%.
- 54 pupils achieved at least 3 A grades, 16 pupils achieved at least 3 A* grades and particular congratulations to the 6 pupils who achieved 4A* grades.
Over 55% of pupils have secured places at Russell Group universities, 5 will be going to study at Oxford or Cambridge and 5 have secured places to study medicine/dentistry. We wish them all the very best as they embark on the next stage of their education.
- 68% of exams were awarded A - B grades.
- 84% of exams were awarded A* - C grades.
- The overall pass rate has is 97%.
- 55 pupils achieved at least 3 A grades and particular congratulations to the 32 pupils who achieved 4 A grades.
- 65% of exams were awarded grades 9 - 7.
- 91% of exams were awarded grades 9 - 5.
- The overall pass rate (grade 4 and higher) has risen to 97%.
- 96% of pupils achieved grades 9 – 4 in English and maths.
- 84% achieved the English Baccalaureate.
- 133 pupils (64%) achieved 5 (or more!) 9 - 7 grades.
- 68 pupils (33%) achieved 10 (or more!) 9 - 7 grades.
- Particular congratulations to the 11 pupils who achieved 10 (or more!) grade 9s.
Many congratulations to all pupils on another year of fantastic results, and thank you to all staff and parents for all their hard work and support through these incredibly difficult times.