Due to the cancellation of exams in summer 2020 and 2021, the GCSE and A Level exams of summer 2019 was the last time that formal GCSE and A Level exams went ahead in the country and the last time the DfE published national performance tables. Therefore, the results below are not the current results (click here for the latest 2021 results)
GCSE Results 2019
This year saw the continued reform of the new style more rigorous and challenging GCSEs graded 9 – 1 with almost all subjects now in this new format. With all the changes and challenges this brings, our pupils continue to excel and here are some of the highlights.
- Progress 8 = +1.58 (4th Highest in the Country!)
- Attainment 8 Score = 66.8
- 8% of pupils achieved grades 9 – 4 in English and maths.
- 79% of pupils achieved grades 9 – 5 in English and maths.
- 95% of all pupils were entered for the English Baccalaureate.
- Ebacc Average Points Score = 6.47
- 79% of pupils achieved the English Baccalaureate.
- 93% of pupils achieved grades 9 – 4 in English, with 45% achieving grades 9 – 7. 27 pupils achieved the coveted grade 9.
- 91% of pupils achieved grades 9 – 4 in maths, with 61% achieving grades 9 – 7. An astonishing 44 pupils achieved the coveted grade 9.
- 94% of all science exams were awarded grades 9 – 4 and 66% were awarded grades 9 – 7. A total of 89 grade 9s were awarded across the sciences.
- 114 pupils (54%) achieved 5 or more 9 – 7 grades!
- 78 pupils (38%) achieved 8 or more 9 – 7 grades!
- 40 pupils achieved 10 or more 9 – 7 grades!
- Almost 1100 exams were awarded 9 – 7 or A* - A grades!
- Particular congratulations to Aditya Gori, Sayana Santhirasegar and Siyani Siventhiran on achieving 11 Grade 9s and Darsh Vaja on achieving 12 Grade 9s!
- 98% of pupils continued their education or employement following Key Stage 4 (sometimes know as the 'destinations' measure).
A Level Results 2019
- The A Level pass rate has risen to 100%.
- 66% of all A Level exams sat were awarded A* - B grades and 89% were awarded A* - C grades.
- 46 pupils achieved at least 2 A*/A grades, 25 pupils achieved 3 A*/A grades and particular congratulations to Hiren Ravji and Hawra Mosa on securing 3A* grades!
- 56% of pupils have been accepted into Russell Group Universities with 7 pupils going on to study medicine or veterinary science.
- Progress score = +0.44 (Well above average and in the top 2% of the country).
Average Attainment = 37.95 (B-).
% of students completing their main study programme (ofter referred to as retention) = 100%.
% staying on in education or employment (ofter referred to student destinations)= 91% (England average = 81%).
AS Results 2019
- 58% of all exams sat were awarded A – B grades.
- The overall pass rate stands at 98%.
- 34 pupils achieved at least 3 A grades and particular congratulations to the 18 pupils who achieved 4 A grades!
Many congratulations to all pupils on another year of fantastic results, and thank you to all staff and parents for all their hard work and support.